Saturday, January 21, 2012

A day in the garden

The other day I journeyed on a trip to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Needed to get out, feel the air ...despite it being cold air and not quite the type of day that one traditionally spends in a garden, it felt like a good move on my part.

Admission was free, a rather big "woohoo" in my still unemployed state of affairs and I was also able to wonder through and explore a garden that once was, but was now, utterly bare. It felt invigorating in a way to simply walk around and experience this lack of bloom, this bareness, it was actually kind of cool now that I think of it.

The pond, slightly frozen over just at it's surface, the dryness of the trees without their proper green coats, and not a soul around. Couldn't have been a better day.   It actually almost made me feel as though the garden was there simply with it's bare and grey open arms, ready to refuel my tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment