Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why not being good is good

Do you always have to be good? And by good, I'm talking about working on your craft every day, pursuing your dream every day, writing every day (which I would like to do, and strive to do, and will do!).

I don't know? Right now I am in the predicament of being off unemployment benefits and working only part time. Money is tight, dreams are scary and unclear, and all I want to do today is just go see a movie, damnit! Ideally, I should sit my butt down and call more child care centers for more yoga gigs. I should be pounding the pavement on the Web to find more part time work. Of course, there is this apartment that needs cleaning, too.

To ward off any depression, which is creeping in more than I would like to admit, I have been counting miracles. At least one miracle is to be found each day. It's actually easier than I thought, and will expand on this another time. My miracle today is Culture. And it is to be found in a movie theatre.

So I guess this day isn't so lost ....so un-good. Seeing a movie is in keeping with my miracle a day, which could lead to more dreams, which could only offer me more of a full tank to hone my talents. At least this is what I'm telling myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment