Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chelsea and Papa Kebab

Today was just an oUt Of ThIs WoRlD fantastic day to finally step back into NYC again. Haven't been there since mid-October. Desperately needed a little Chelsea fix.

A mean case of lack of breakfast had quickly lead me to a Turkish restaurant on 17th Street, called Papa Kebab. Oh man, this stuff was good. Ordered the JoeJe Kebab, which consisted of tender pieces of chicken breast marinated in yogurt, saffron and Persian spices, grilled on skewers, and served with Basmati rice. The chicken was delightfully moist, and with just enough flavor, and the Basmati rice was the perfect companion. For a beverage, I ordered the Peach Ice Tea ....which I figured would be an old fashioned Peach flavored Snapple.... nope, all completely homemade teas at Papa Kebab.


chelsea styles by digitizedchaos

                                                             chelsea styles, a photo by digitizedchaos on Flickr.   

I chose to be seated at a table that was right against the window. Looking out I could see many passers- by. So many kids ranging from high schoolers to as young as grammar school age. All being let out for their lunch breaks.

At that moment I really wished that I had brought my camera, actually, there were quite a few moments today that I wish I had my camera on me. What an expression of fashion, individuality, friendship, diversity of nationality .....which is really typical of NYC and the whole Metro Area, isn't it? All these kids representing everything. Busting out at the seams. True selves.


The waiter came over and asked if I was interested in anything else. Passing on the Turkish coffee, I decided to ask for the check and be on my way.


Meandering around some,1pm quickly turned into 3pm, and then before I knew it, it was 5 o'clock and I figured that it was time to head home again.


Goodbye Crumbs Bake Shop hot cocoa, you were enjoyable, but not quite as enjoyable as a Starbucks hot cocoa. And gosh darn you, Starbucks, for having an incredibly long line ....yep, I know it was cold out, but still.


Luckily, the little white commuter bus was waiting across the street from the Port Authority, and before I knew, I was back my way home to Joisey.



No comments:

Post a Comment