Monday, March 4, 2013

just a few words



RUMI - HIS POETRY ILLUSTRATED IN ART by Citizen of Two Worlds
                                                                    a photo by Citizen of Two Worlds on Flickr.

The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.

                                                                           -Rumi



This just reminds me how lovely even the shortest of poems can be. Trying to keep my eyes, ears, and heart open to different words that might come my way. Words that might cause a stir, as this one certainly did with it's luscious warmth. Would love to try and create some poetry of my own one day. Until then, I might just collect some interesting poems that I find on the way and share them here. 

What are some of your creative endeavors that are just waiting in the wings?











No comments:

Post a Comment